Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Favorite Chick Lit Books

I've loved reading Chick Lit since college.  As an English major, I read plenty of books for English Lit classes and wrote research papers on many of them.  I love reading all kinds of books though, and sometimes you just want something fun and entertaining--not a classic piece of literature that you have to carefully examine.

Sophie Kinsella's Confessions of a Shopaholic is one of the first Chick Lit books that I remember reading and thinking, Hey, I could write something like that!  How fun!

These are some of my favorites:
  • Sophie Kinsella Confessions of a Shopaholic series and I've Got Your Number
  • Emily Giffin Something Borrowed and Something Blue
  • Lauren Weisberger The Devil Wears Prada
  • Jennifer Weiner In Her Shoes
If you've found your way to my blog, I'm sure you're familiar with all of these authors.  In the future, I'll list some of my favorite lesser-known Chick Lit authors as well.  Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment