Friday, February 22, 2013

Resolutions Updates

Back in January, I posted New Year's Resolutions for Writers. 

What were my resolutions?

Finish my Chick Lit Short Story
This has been put on the back burner for a while.  I usually write in first person but decided to write in third person so that I could tell the story from both the female and male point of view.  It turns out this is not a good idea for a short story!  I'll either change the voice back to first person or expand this piece into something else.

Find one new way per month to promote First Sight
I've made a little progress with this: I joined Twitter at the end of January and got First Sight featured in the romance category on Premier eBooks.  This month First Sight was on Chick Lit Central!

Make First Sight available in other formats
Part of the reason I changed the cover of First Sight was to make it easier to design the paperback cover.  I'm not a designer, so I needed something simple to work with.  I've got a Create Space account and am excited to be working on this right now!  My enrollment in KDP Select ends at the beginning of March, so starting then, I can publish First Sight on Nook, Smashwords, and more.

Network and join more writer's groups
I've tried to be more active in the writing groups I'm in.  I need to look into blogging groups as well.

Write my second novel
I've been working on the short story, so no start to the novel yet.  We'll see where that goes!  I need to get First Sight into a variety of formats first before I'm ready to start on a second novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment