Wednesday, June 19, 2013

What I'm Reading: Sleeping Arrangements

Sleeping Arrangements

 
 

I've read many of Sophie Kinsella's books, but this is the first book that I've read under her true name, Madeleine Wickham.

I've actually had Sleeping Arrangements in my "to be read" pile for a while.  I have it in hard copy (not on my Kindle), so it kept getting pushed back.  The premise of the story is that a vacation home is double-booked--and surprise, surprise, there is a history between some of the occupants!  It was a light summer read that I'd recommend, but I didn't find it as much fun as some of her other stories.  There are four main characters, and I didn't feel like the storylines of all of them were completely developed.  The novel ends with the status quo--nothing has changed, and they go on with their lives.  It was enjoyable, just not one of her best.

For some of my favorite books by this author (under her pen name Sophie Kinsella), see my post on Favorite Chick Lit Books.

What are you reading this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment