Thursday, November 7, 2013

What I'm Reading: Last Night at Chateau Marmont

I haven't been assigning ratings to the books I'm reviewing, but if I did, this one would be 3 stars out of 5. I've enjoyed some of Lauren Weisberger's other books, but Last Night at Chateau Marmont wasn't as good as the rest.

Last Night at Chateau Marmont

The premise of this book sounds promising: Brooke is a nutritionist living in New York working two jobs to make ends meet with her musician husband Julian.  After years performing small gigs, he finally hits it big.  Soon he's making television appearances, going on tour, and performing at the Grammys. The paparazzi are stalking their every move.

What could be a exciting story of Julian's rise to fame is instead a story of a crumbling marriage.  I was expecting a little more fun and entertainment in this novel.  Although the book did redeem itself in the end, this isn't my favorite Lauren Weisberger book.  If you're looking for a funny, entertaining story, go with the last book review that I posted instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment