Thursday, December 12, 2013

Kid's Corner: Christmas Sensory Bin

I started seeing cute pictures of sensory bins all over Pinterest this summer and couldn't wait to make one for DD.  These are a great way to entertain a toddler or preschooler.  I made a summer and fall sensory bin, and they were such a hit that I've created a Christmas sensory bin as well!



Supplies Needed:
Plastic bucket or bin (This is actually a plastic ice tub)
Small shovel or scoop
Plastic cups or bowls (these were from Easter last year!)
Green and red dyed pasta
Pinecones
Small ornaments
Glass gems
Christmas toys (I used a reindeer rubber ducky)


I dyed pasta using food coloring, but I've seen others where they used Kool-Aid as dye instead.



 
 
The ornaments I found in the $1 section of Target.  They are plastic, so I don't have to worry about them breaking.
 
 



The glass gems are the standard vase filler found at craft supply stores.  Obviously don't include those if your kiddo still puts things in his or her mouth!  The pinecones were extras that I had.  The rubber ducky reindeer was another find from the $1 section.

Add a scoop and cups, and your kiddo will love to sort, scoop, and discover!

 

The best part is that this will literally keep my kiddo entertained for over an hour.  I don't keep it with the rest of her toys but bring it out from time-to-time to make it extra special.  I'm looking forward to creating a winter-themed sensory bin in January!

No comments:

Post a Comment