Thursday, January 23, 2014

Kid's Corner: Marshmallow Crafts

Is anyone else over this cold weather?  I haven't gotten a chance to blog at all this week because I've been entertaining my preschooler.  Schools are closed all week here--no preschool, no ballet class, no regularly scheduled activities.  The frigid temperatures don't make me want to play outside.  DD wanted to go play in the snow this morning, but it was literally ONE degree--I don't even want to know what the windchill was.

We did a few store-bought crafts earlier this week, and I'm getting ready to do our latest kiwi crate later this afternoon.  Those are a little advanced for a toddler/preschooler though and require a lot of adult assistance, so I needed an easy craft to entertain DD after lunch today. 

Below are two easy marshmallow crafts for toddlers and preschoolers.  The best part is, you probably already have these craft supplies on hand.


Marshmallow and Toothpick Sculptures

You only need two supplies for this fun activity: marshmallows and toothpicks!


Marshmallow and Toothpick Sculptures



My kiddo loves crafts and building things, and this activity kept her entertained for over an hour.  Once I showed her how to insert the toothpick into the marshmallows, she quickly caught on and loved it! 

She also created this when I found some colored toothpicks:





Marshmallow Snowman Craft

This next craft was even simpler.  I drew a snowman and DD glued marshmallows or "snow" to the picture.  It was perfect for a snowy day!

 
Marshmallow Snowman Craft
 
How have you been entertaining your kids this week in the cold?

No comments:

Post a Comment