Monday, April 7, 2014

Splurge vs. Steal: Striped Totes

I've been wanting to do a Splurge vs. Steal post for a while.  I love a great deal.  While it's fun finding things I love on sale, it's awesome to find a look for less.


The bag on the left is Michael Kors and the one on the right is from Walmart!  While I love Michael Kors and do own one of their bowler bags, I'm not about to go buy every Michael Kors bag that I love.

Check out this gorgeous Michael Kors black and white jet set travel striped tote.  It retails for $298 and is real leather, so of course it will be more expensive than a non-leather bag.  I would never use it often enough to make it worth the cost to me, but I absolutely love the look of it.
 
Michael Kors Jet Set Tote


Imagine my surprise when I found this similar look in a tote from Walmart!  It's the perfect size when you need to tote a lot (I do have a toddler after all) but isn't real leather so I won't worry about it getting ruined if I'm stashing snacks and sippy cups inside.  Grand total?  $18.96. 


Saffiano Tote Bag

Which one would you choose?  My pick is definitely the steal!

4 comments:

  1. I bought the Walmart bag and love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you could find one. It is such an awesome deal!

      Delete
  2. My mother in law has this bag and I couldn't believe she got it at Walmart...it looks so similar to a kate spade bag I've been lusting after! I just ordered the red version to use for my work laptop!

    xoxo,
    Andrea

    www.andreaeveryday.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, it's the perfect bag for toting around a laptop. They now have new fall colors out, too!

      Delete