Tuesday, September 23, 2014

What I'm Reading: Twenties Girl


 
I'm a huge fan of Sophie Kinsella.  I've blogged about her books before (here and here), and I usually get her latest novels as soon as they're released. I was given Twenties Girl a year ago and finally read it.  Why the hesitation?  It's a story about a ghost.  I'm not really into ghost stories and that seemed like a unusual topic for chick lit.  I finally sat down to read it and once again found myself laughing out loud, as I do for all of Kinsella's books.
 
The heroine of this story, Lara Lington, teams up with the twenty-something ghost of her great-aunt Sadie in this story as the two search for a lost necklace.  The story reads like two friends on an adventure together with the complication and hilarity that ensues given the fact that only Lara can see the ghost of Sadie.  Lara finds romance along the way and both women learn about themselves and each other.
 
This was a great story about friendship, romance, and finding your way with lots of laughs along the journey.  I'd recommend this to all of Sophie Kinsella's fans!

No comments:

Post a Comment