Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Author Q & A: Lisa Becker


Today I'm interviewing Lisa Becker, the author of Clutch: a novel.

1) How did you come up with the idea for Clutch? 
When I was writing the Click Trilogy, (Click: An Online Love StoryDouble ClickRight Click) I was obsessed with NCIS reruns and would have the show on in the background as I wrote.  There was an episode when one of the characters mentioned that men were like purses – something useless to hang on a woman’s arm.  I started thinking about how men are like handbags and the idea grew from there.

2) What was your favorite scene to write? 
I love the scene where Caroline and Mike are talking about her short-statured date, Craig.  There are hilarious moments that show Mike’s humor and charm but also his sensitive side.  He’s one of my favorite characters and I’ll admit to have a pretty big book boyfriend crush on him.

3) Describe Clutch in five words. 

A hilariously romantic dating tale!

4)  Who is your favorite author?

I’m not sure I have a favorite, as I tend to go through phases where I’m really into one author and read all of their books one after the other.  I just finished Attachments by Rainbow Rowell and really enjoyed the story which is told in both emails and traditional narrative.  I also recently read Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover and loved it.  I immediately fell in love with the back and forth narrative from present to past and thought the characters were well developed, realistic and likeable.  I was rooting for a happy ending the entire time.  

5) What genre have you never written that you’d like to try?
I’d love to write a mystery one day.  I’m not sure if I would be any good at it, but I think it would be fun to create a scenario that keeps people guessing until the very end.  

6) What do you order at Starbucks? 
Believe it or not, I’ve never had a cup of coffee in my life.  I tried a sip once and didn’t like it.  Chocolate, on the other hand, I tried and loved and can’t stop consuming.  So I would likely order a hot chocolate with a big dollop of whipped cream on top.

 7) What place in the world do you most want to visit?
My husband and I honeymooned on a small private island off the coast of Australia called Lizard Island.  It was truly the most romantic, relaxing and magical place I’ve ever been to.  I would love the opportunity to go back someday. 

8)      What new projects are you working on?
In addition to promoting the new book, I’m looking into making connections within the motion picture industry to try and get a movie version made.  The book started out as a screenplay that was under option at a major studio, but fell out of development.   I’m eager to see if there’s interest from someone else on bringing this fun and quirky story to the big screen.  So if you happen to be a well-to-do movie producer looking to make a new romantic comedy, please get in touch!

 
http://amzn.to/1LMlhEX

 

About clutch: a novel

clutch: a novel is the laugh-out-loud, chick lit romance chronicling the dating misadventures of Caroline Johnson, a single purse designer who compares her unsuccessful romantic relationships to styles of handbags – the “Hobo” starving artist, the “Diaper Bag” single dad, the “Briefcase” intense businessman, etc.  With her best friend, bar owner Mike by her side, the overly-accommodating Caroline drinks a lot of Chardonnay, puts her heart on the line, endures her share of unworthy suitors and finds the courage to discover the “Clutch” or someone she wants to hold onto.  

Author Bio

In addition to clutch: a novel, Lisa Becker is the author of the Click Trilogy, a contemporary romance series comprised ofClick: An Online Love Story, Double Click and Right Click.  She’s written bylined articles about dating and relationships for “Cupid’s Pulse,” “The Perfect Soulmate,” “GalTime,” “Single Edition,” “Healthy B Daily” and “Chick Lit Central” among others.  She lives in Manhattan Beach, California with her husband and two daughters.  To learn more, visit www.lisawbecker.com

Social Media Links for Lisa Becker

Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Pinterest  | Web

BUY ON AMAZON!

1 comment: